Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm a little torn - Colts or Saints?

I know this is not really a big deal and it will in no way affect my life whatsoever, but I'm a little torn as to who to cheer for in the SuperBowl. I'm not even a real fan of the NFL, I'd much rather watch a college game (though they get sooooo long!). Every year, it is clear who I want, I always have someone I'm rooting for, but this year, I think I can't go wrong.


I mean who doesn't love Peyton Manning? The guy endorses everything under the sun and he does it so well. I love all his commercials because he knows he's a little dorky and he makes the most of it. I love the Eli and Peyton commercials together, specifically ESPN, you know the one where the Manning family is touring the ESPN building and you see the family walking down the hall and Eli and Peyton are kicking each other totally acting immature and competitive as ony brothers can do. There are so many more that I love, but I won't bore anyone with it. But Peyton is definitely my favorite player, he's such a great leader and so far hasn't made any negative news!


Then there are the Saints. I went to school in New Orleans so they have a small place in my heart. There was the time my mom came out to see me and we went to the movies and somehow we got lost at the Superdome. I swear we circled around that monster forever! After about 10 circles we finally found our way back to my apt. We laughed so hard at how familiar everything looked each time around. Let's get back on track here: The Saints are a bit like the Cardinals always were, in N.O. I'd hear people say things like: "Looks like the Saints found a way to lose again". It was the hometown team that everyone loved to hate. So it's nice that they've finally made it to the big show. I was never a real fan of the Saints when I lived there, but I love the fleur de lis logo they got going on.


So any advice as who to cheer for, my favorite NFL player, or my old college town?

1 comment:

  1. I am torn also. I guess we just have to cheer for a good game.

    ReplyDelete