Last weekend, Hannah and Maddix were outside tormenting Big G - our 9-yr old, neighborhood cop/ghost buster. They were splashing water on him and teasing him. He was getting pretty ticked off because they were getting his ghost busting equipment wet (he captured 2 ghosts from my piano for a whopping ten cents. We got a discount because Jeremy advertised for him by writing his number on his arm...) He tried to chase them down and when he couldn't catch them, he came up with a different plan. He splashed some water on his face and pretended to drink the irrigation water that was in the gutter. Apparently, Hannah was suckered and followed suit. She really drank it (Gag, gag. I'm about to barf just writing this) I lectured her and told her how disgusting the water was and how unsafe it was and how many germs and toxins were in the water and on and on and on. While I was lecturing Hannah, Big G went over to Jeremy and whispered, "I didn't really drink the water."
Well wouldn't you know it, but by Sunday, Hannah was full on sick. Now call me crazy, it might just be a coincidence or the lingering effects of her cold or allergies or whatever's been affecting her, but I'm kinda suspecting it could have been the water. The sad part about this is that Jeremy and I were outside the whole time with her watching them play and I didn't even see it. Even sadder, is that when I asked her if she really drank the water she answered, "yeah, it was good."
Let's now pray that there are no lingering parasites growing inside her. Yuck!
great stories, I can't even begin to compete I think I will just take some time off blogging. Your family is a "owl" (figure that one out)
ReplyDeleteBlaghhhhh!!!! So glad Maddix didn't do it but so sad Hannah did. She looked miserable.
ReplyDeleteI hope the "hospital" treats G well....oy vey!
So funny I had to read both posts to Ryan. I lol out loud.
ReplyDeleteThat is gross! I could see my Olivia doing something like that. Hope she is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteSTRANGE THINGS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD...WE NEED A VISIT FROM YOUR MADDIX AND...DO YA' THINK HE'D GIVE US A DISCOUNT IF I ADVERTISE ON MY BLOG??
ReplyDeleteYOUR NEIGHBORHOOD/FAMILY IS A "HOOT"!!!
HOPE HANNAH'S RECOVERED!!!!!!!