Mom can I have some ice cream?
or
Can I sleep in the living room? my answer - NO
or
Why not?
We tell them before we leave that they aren't supposed to call us unless it's an emergency because when it really is an emergency, we won't answer the phone call because we'll think it is them calling for something dumb.
Well last night Jeremy and I had a girl's camp meeting. It was running a little long and the kids were home with a babysitter. U of A was on TV playing in the sweet sixteen and we only got to watch the first half - bummer, especially for Jeremy who hasn't gotten to watch a game yet.
Anyway, my cellphone vibrates in my pocket. I check it and it's the home phone number. I excused myself because it might be something important
Hello?
Mom, It's Jake. U of A is killing Duke with only 4 minutes left.
Really? What's the score?
77-62 ish (I don't remember exactly)
Thanks. Don't call again unless it's an emergency
Or was it an emergency? By all means call again and again, especially if they win. Needless to say Jeremy was quite happy and we survived the rest of our meeting.
You gotta love Jake.
To quote Jeremy, "That's my boy!"
I swear I commented the first day so if this is a repeat it "my computer". That is a total emergency - go U of A, Ty had a headache that night so he fell asleep before it was over, but the 1st words out of him mouth the next morning was "Did U of A win?"
ReplyDelete