Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lehi Days






It's that time of year again. Saturday we made our trek down to Lehi to watch the rodeo and eat cotton candy to our heart's content. I think I have gone to Lehi Days more as an adult not living in Lehi Stake than I ever did growing up in the stake. It never changes, except nowadays there are cell phones and more people, but really that's it. Cowboys come out from all corners of Mesa, some real, some not (sporting their shiny buckles and boots that they only wear once a year).


We always see so many people we'd never otherwise see. This year, the highlight was seeing my second cousin Kevin Christiansen. He was my very favorite DQ worker back in the day. In fact, after about 15 years of not even thinking of their family it was eerily coincidental that we saw them because just last week I was talking about the Christiansen's with my mom.

We made ourselves sick eating cotton candy and popsicles. We waited in line for about 30 minutes so the kids could ride the horses for 25 seconds. (That was in preparation for our first Disneyland trip that's coming up in May). Thankfully Jeremy had his mtn. bike so he could let the girls practice riding a horse before the real event. They even sat side saddle like real ladies for the entire half hour wait. Hannah was disappointed that she didn't get to catch a chicken, but I think I convinced her Bodgie would eat it anyway.
Lehi Days marks the beginning of spring and our first, and hopefully last, sunburn of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment