Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Of Course I Would (like, duh!)

Here is a little conversation that happened in our car on the way home from St. Johns. First, a little background though. Hannah is a bit of a tormentor to her siblings. Therefore, no one wants to sit by her. They stay as far away from her as possible. For reasons such as: when playing slug bug, Hannah takes her own version of it and starts wailing on everybody saying, "tree, grass, car, stick..." Anything she can see, she hits someone for it. She teases, touches and pesters.

(Notice all the mosquito bites all over Hannah's face. The rest of her body was way worse)


So anyway, as we were on our way home, near Snowflake, Jake had the privilege of sitting by Hannah in the back seat. We were looking out at the sky which was beautiful. Rays of sunshine were breaking through the clouds. It was breathtaking, actually (in a good way, not like in Seinfeld).

(Look at how green it is. The White Mountains are the greenest I have ever seen them)


Jake: That cloud looks like Jesus is coming down.

Hannah: If he was coming down, would you jump out of the car and give him a hug?

Jake: Yes, would you?

Hannah: Of course I would!

It was so matter of fact, so simple and made Jeremy and I look at each other and smile.

I love listening to my kids, though sometimes I wish I drove a limo as the family car. That way when there is arguing I could just roll up the window separating us and drive in peace, but then I'd miss those conversations. And those conversations make the unbearable teasing worth it, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I love that girl. I have yet to see this hitting side of her. You guys are great parents and I say that not because you are one of my great friends but because when we are in sunday school, Hannah listens, Hannah wants to learn and Hannah answers most of the questions. You just know that she really loves Jesus! So of course she would hug him, DUH! ;) love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty cute. I didn't realize Hannah was such a tormentor.

    ReplyDelete