Thursday, August 19, 2010

School, Barbies, Gym and School




The kids are off to school! Yay! Abby was super excited for school to start, and Jake, not so much. He could have easily done another 2 months of summer. But we met the teachers and when Jake saw he had a boy teacher, Mr. Ludwig, he suddenly became excited and has come home every single day since happy about school. Abby is loving Mrs. Parra, she says she is funny and super nice.
I love the excitement of the first day: packing all the school supplies, getting blessings the night before, the lunches, and the best - the first day outfit. This year, the craze was skinny jeans. I thought Jake was going to die if he didn't get a pair to start the year. So the night before school started, both kids got their outfits ready including their new skinny jeans, or as Abby calls them, tight pants. As you can see from the pics though, that Jake didn't last long in his. He got ready, got a few pics taken outside and then realize how freakin' hot it was. So at the last minute he ran in to change into shorts, but he came out with his favorite black and red basketball shorts, but still wearing the new plaid button down shirt. Oh Jake, you are such a boy. I made him change again into his last year's first day shorts that I don't think he's worn since, because they were not bball shorts - So much nicer looking, don't ya think?



Hannah started pre-school this week too. I stewed for a long time about if I should spring the big bucks for Discovery Club, and in the end, decided it would be worth the money. She loves her teachers and has happily gone every day (all 3 days that is) - knock on wood. She is so fearful of new situations that I worried she would freak out about going, but good teachers that truly care make such a difference. As the poor middle child, I think she often gets the shaft in many things so I'm indulging her in the great pre-school. Isn't she darling in her new outfit? And look at the mullet, it's practically all grown out!


Barbies - I think they are going to be the death of me! Hannah and Annie are definintely on a Barbie kick. They play with them all the time. But I swear if I had a nickel for every Barbie outfit I've changed, I'd be a millionaire - or at least 5 dollars richer. I think Barbies are 2nd most annoying toy - I'm giving the most annoying award to Transformers. It takes a Phd in engineering to figure those things out. Anyway, I hate Barbie outfits - they are all tight, immodest (which my girls always point out), and frightfully difficult to put on. If it wasn't for the flexed feet, spread out fingers and immovable elbows, they might be a little easier to dress, but wowee, they sure annoy me!
I am officially a sellout. After years of not having a gym membership, I finally got one to the new LA Fitness. After I miscarried, my dad mentioned that I could hike the Grand Canyon with them in Sept. 5 weeks to train, no prob! Now that Alex and I are working out so faithfully everyday, I just might make it out. It's great having a friend to get me to the gym each day, even though most days we end up cursing our insane instructors and the machines that are making us sore every day.

On a final note, I have decided to go back to school. I'm now enrolled at Rio Salado taking classes to get my reading endorsement. I'm also in the process of applying to MCC for their nursing program, but not to worry, the wait list is about 2 years which gives me plenty of time to change my mind, and knowing me, I'll probably change it about 6000 times between now and then.



2 comments:

  1. wow I want to be like you. You are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are supermom! and i just adore you. barbies really are annoying. soon you are going to hate "susie" pets. dontcha think? hehe
    and yes, the gym: i really do literally curse in my head sometimes when i feel like i am one breath away from dying. but at least i have you there with me. you'll give me cpr, right? now, that's real friendship!

    ReplyDelete