Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Night and Day


Yesterday Abby woke up quite emotional. While debating with Jake about how many weeks the kids have left in school until summer, I ran to my room to check my calendar. Abby came into my room a few minutes later hysterical, sobbing because, "Hannah never uses the calendar I got her for Christmas." I explained to her that Hannah cannot read a calendar, she's a little bit young but that she certainly enjoys the pictures. For crying out loud, the calendar is hung next to her bed. But Abby went to work squeezing the crocodile tears out of her gorgeous eyes. It was an awful morning. I couldn't believe it.
Fast-forward to this morning: I went to the girl's room to wake them up. I was already dressed ready to go for the day. I reminded Abby that all her laundry is done and she has lots of options for today. She bounded out of bed - she is usually NOT a morning person. The next thing I know she's coming into the kitchen dressed identical to me. Grinning she told me about all the ways we are the same - same shirt, same white under shirt, same tight jeans (mine are just tight because I've gained weight), same flip flops, same brown eyes. Then she asked me if I could put her hair in a pony tail so our hair would be the same. It was so sweet, it melted my heart. I love mornings like today. I appreciate them so much more especially when they're followed by the emotions of yesterday.
I think we are a lot the same- typically kind of quiet unless we're around family. We both hate to be called on at church. I never thought I was emotional, but I'm sure Jeremy would say otherwise.
I love Abby and I hope and pray every day that I can raise her well and teach her to grow up confident, righteous and happy.
Thanks Peanut for keeping me on my toes.

2 comments:

  1. Look at all the excitement that I have to look forward too. Annalise is already pretty emotional and if you want to know the truth Brad is the most emotional of the bunch. Puberty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, that's a pretty emotional morning. Good job appreciating the highs and lows of the whole "raising your daughters process". you make it look good girl.

    ReplyDelete