Friday, January 15, 2010

My Little boy is growing too fast


I love that everyone in the family was in their church clothes, but the boy who they came to honor, who got baptized. Fitting that he would put on his Suns jersey









I can't believe it was already 8 years ago that I was holding my first born precious son. He was perfect to me, except all the yellow poop, and his peeing problem (he liked to pee all over me and Jeremy). He had perfect ears (that was what I noticed first in the hospital, weird, huh?) and always smiled so easily. Now fastforward 8 years and he is still such a pleasure to have around. He is intense, but kind hearted. He loves to win and will analyze any sporting event to figure out the moves that all his favorite players make. He works hard at school and his reading has come so so so far. He doesn't waver on what he thinks is right, and I love that about him. He still has a smile that will light up a room, but his peeing problems have gotten better (now we just have to make sure he always lifts the seat up). He likes to tease his sisters, but will be their best friend and biggest protector when he thinks they are wronged.

Jake got baptized on Saturday, Jan 9, 2010. I felt a little bit nervous about him getting baptized. Have I taught him what it means? Does he get the responsibility associated with being now accountable? Will he remember to repent? I felt so stressed and like I didn't teach my boy enough, but as I've taken the time to think about it, he was ready to be baptized. He is young, and will continued to be refined over the years. Aren't we all?

He got to have so many of his family members be a part of his big day: Grandpa Goodman talked on the Holy Ghost, Grandpa Platt got to say the opening prayer, Grandma Platt got to lead the music, His Dad, Jeremy, baptized him and then confirmed him a member of the Church. He had so many family members in his confirmation circle. It was definitely a special day, and I hope he remembers it for the rest of his life. I love my boy!

5 comments:

  1. Karrie- It is perfect. You are a great writer and your blog is great. I love the background and everything. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have had this thing going since Dec. 9th, and we just barely got an invite. Real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake is 8!?! and baptised!?! SO GREAT!!! How come everybody is blogging about peeing and pooping recently? the Enlightened Homemaker and 71 toes,etc....I will not be following suit!! LOVE YOUR POSTS ABOUT YOUR KIDS...I FEEL LIKE I KNOW THEM BETTER ALREADY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so cute. I can't believe Jake is 8. Wow. You did good Karrie and will continue to do so. He is competitive, but so kindhearted, well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Jake...and Happy Birthday too. 8 is great!

    ReplyDelete