Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Shout out to Hannah Rose



Hugs, kisses, dancing, haircutter, cheerleader lover, love, affection, Maddix, special - Hannah!

Happy Birthday Hannah! This morning as I held Hannah, I told her the story of her birth. I still remember driving home from NY feeling so nauseous the whole time thinking, "Man when did I become the sissy that gets so car sick?" Little did I know in my wildest imaginaton that I was pregnant! Hannah was definitely a surprise for us. When I got sick (that's what I tell her, cause how do you explain that I was bleeding so much) and I thought I had miscarried her, I was so devastated for the next day. When I finally got into the doctor, I saw the ultrasound with the little heartbeat and I swear it was one of the most reassuring calming things I have ever seen. She is definitely our little miracle baby. She was meant to come to our family when she did, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Heavenly Father knew we needed her, and I'm so glad to have her.





There is no one in the world who will give you her all like Hannah. She hugs and kisses with so much love. She will wrap her arms around me with no fear and just embrace me so tight, but she is also the only one of my kids that will do that for all her family. She even is not afraid of her Great Grandma and Grandpa Goodman. Without prompting her, she will always give them the best hugs and kisses when she goes over to their house.






There is no one who can overcome fears like Hannah. She has had a long list of fears, including elevators, clowns water (swimming), and especially animals. When she was only a baby, she wouldn't even look at or touch a book about animals. But then the fateful day came when we got Bodgie and she was forced into being around our new dog. She cried and peed her pants for weeks, but then it clicked and she is the best pet owner in our family. She will now pet any dog and plays with our dogs more than any of our other kids.




Hannah is definitely our little performer. Jake and Abby were always so stinking scared to even raise their hand in primary or to speak to an adult, not Hannah! She will dance like no one's watching and shake her booty hard! At her little performance last month, she was "the one". You know how every performance has that kid that shines because she is so not shy, well Hannah was standing there waving at all her fans even when her group was already exiting. Then later she was seen on the side of the stage just cutting a rug like no one's business. I wish I could do that. She hears music and wants to dance.



I love how Hannah will talk to almost anyone. Sometimes that's a bad thing, sometimes it's cute - like the time she was walking in to church and the most proper woman in the ward was walking in in front of us and Hannah just went up to her said hi and then slapped her right on the butt! Jeremy and I were mortified, but now after the fact, we just laugh 'cause it is so Hannah. At Walmart she will walk up to complete strangers and offer to let them smell her gum, gross, but old people at Walmart eat that stuff up!



Hannah and her best friend Maddix. These two are together from sun up to sun down every single day. They usually greet each other with the biggest embrace as if they haven't seen each other in ages.









3 comments:

  1. Too cute. I love that girl and you have a great knack for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog...love that Hannah!! I saw her on someones blog when I was blog hopping (you'll get into that Karrie!!) even before I read her name I recognized her and said "that's Karrie's Hannah" and then I saw it was...I think it was Maddix's mom's blog?!? glad your finally posting!!!! THANKS for the invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, this is so sweet. I learned so much about you and of course little Hannah, i hope i get a great kid like her someday (not that the others aren't great). Love you Karrie

    ReplyDelete