Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever!


We went last weekend to see the play the "Best Christmas Pageant Ever". And it really was the best Christmas pageant ever! It was a children's production and absolutely hysterical. I had recently read the book to the kids not sure if they'd like it, and they loved it. Hannah started counting down the days two weeks prior to the big play. They were all so giddy to go. And believe me, it was no disappointment. I laughed out loud, Laura even snorted once she was laughing so hard, then I bawled, no surprise there. It was amazing. Those kids were so talented. I'd highly recommend anyone in the East Valley go see it this weekend before it goes away. After the play, the kids got to meet some of the actors. Their favorite, by far, was Gladys - the meanest Herdman of them all. They even got their picture taken with her and were a bit surprised that she wasn't mean in real life. At one point Annie asked if she could tell her a secret. She whispered, "Are you the meanest Herdman?" I laughed really hard. I wasn't sure she got anything out of the play at all, but apparently she did.

A good night, a great play with a great perspective on what Mary must have felt like, great company - the Ricedorff's, Laura, John, and Mom and Dad, and a super fun way to bring in the Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

  1. It was so dang cute to see how excited your kids were about it the next day! And I was so happy that you (over)acheived what you set out to do...make a good Christmas memory for your kids! That Annie girl cracks me up. Love ya guys!

    ReplyDelete