Tuesday, August 16, 2011

School's back! (This is where I do a jig)

Hannah - 1/2 day kindergarten, Jake - 4th grade, Abby - 2nd Grade

Annie was feeling left out - and what better way to show off her sassy yellow shoes than in a timeless picture.

The first day of school was a little hectic, but a relief over here in Prescott Valley. After moving on Saturday, I needed some quiet to get some work done at home.
There was a little confusion about the start time of school - The handbook said kindergartner's started at 8:15 and the rest of the school started at 8:45. So I frantically rushed all the kids to school yelling and scurrying to get them there so Hannah wouldn't be late. We arrived at school promptly at 8:15 just to find out that it was a typo and Hannah didn't start until 8:45 like the rest of the kids. It's one of those things I probably would have figured out if I hadn't registered the kids for school 5 days before it started and 3 days before moving...
Anyway, the kids were excited, they looked great and had a great day. They have looked after one another, especially Hannah. They make sure she gets to the right line every morning, which is a comfort. They love their new school, except for the fact that is is peanut free school, which means ham and cheese sandwiches EVERY day.


Jake - Ms. Mesarosh. He's made so many new friends. Everyday he comes home telling me the new count of friends "I have 6 friends now."


Abby - Ms. Sandum - Abby's also making new friends, she just can't remember any names.


Hannah - Ms. Martinet - She has a new friend named Annie who is her bus buddy, in her primary class and lives around the corner. It's nice to have another kid close by to play with.

I get to enjoy Annie one-on-one every morning. She tags along on all my errands and such. I better live it up now, because in March there will be another one (pray with us for a baby Ben) who will likely zap me.

3 comments:

  1. Okay - I am totally out of the loop. I haven't been blogging much lately and didn't even know you were moving!! That is so exciting for you. I hope that all is going well. Mesa is a hard place to leave with so many wonderful people, but we have enjoyed meeting new people in a new place and I am sure that your family will do great. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So fun. I'm so happy they are loving it. I can't believe it's a peanut free school. You will have to get creative! ;) You can make some turkey wraps. We have had peanut butter and honey almost every single day.

    Annie and those yellow shoes...too precious. Miss ya tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray so Hard for A Baby Ben to Play with our baby Chet:o)

    ReplyDelete