Last year when Abby's birthday was coming up, I asked her if she wanted a party or to go shopping with just her Mama at the mall. She chose the latter. We had a joyous time and even peeked our heads in to Claire's contemplating getting her ears pierced. I had to be 10 to get mine pierced because my mom didn't want to have to care for my ears for me, good logic right? Using that reasoning, I talked her out of it and APPARENTLY I told her we could do it when she turned 7. Leave it to my elephant memory child to not forget something, because a while ago, she started reminding me that that is what she wanted for her birthday.
So last night for FHE, we loaded the family in the van and headed to the mall. On the way there we threw in a little lesson on gratitude and the pilgrims. The kids each took turns saying what they were grateful for. Hannah was the most eager, yelling out 5 things to each person's 1. Jeremy even said, and I quote - "I'm thankful that I saw that cruiser bruiser before anyone else!" Then he hit me. I digress, sorry - back to Abby.
We got to the mall, and we spent a good chunk of time picking out her earrings. Then it came time for her to sit on the chair for the piercing. Jake was rather disappointed that the gun wasn't more intimidating. All were staring at her hoping for some great drama. It didn't happen. Abby took it like a man and did great with the first ear. The second one was a bit more painful I guess, 'cause I could tell she wanted to cry, but she stayed composed and was all smiles as soon as she got to see herself in the mirror.
My camera died right as the girl was getting ready to do the first ear, so I had to wait until this morning to get the after shot.
Happy Birthday, Peanut!
No comments:
Post a Comment