Last week Annie turned 3! My baby is already 3 years old. Aaagghhh! And because she is my baby, she got 2 parties. Friday night we invited all the family that was in town (not many) for hot dogs, cupcakes and a pinata. Annie was sporting her new birthday outfit that she wore all day Saturday, too.
On Saturday morning, Annie's birthday, we went to St. Johns. It was planned long ago, but Annie thought it was a special trip just for her. When we got to Grandma and Grandpa Platt's house, Cyndi had a Raggedy Ann cake for her. It was adorable and Annie got to be the center of attention once again. She ate it up.
She got a lot of good loot, but her favorites were her new clothes, including the tu-tu outfit from Grandma Goodman, her skinny jeans from Alex, and her new bouncing baby doll.
Annie is such a great kid. She is very much a 3 year old. She is opinionated and, with her hands on her hips or her arms crossed, she will let you know exactly what she's thinking.
Each day I know how her day is going to be by how she wakes up. I ask her, "Annie how did you sleep? Did you have any dreams?" If she answers yes, then I know it's gonna be a great day because the next question is, "What did you dream about?" Always, the answer is "Crocodiles." I have no idea where it came from, but that is the standard answer when she wakes up in a good mood. Then we make up a story about the crocodiles, they were dancing, or were wearing diapers, or putting on make up, or singing Taylor Swift songs...you get the idea. We laugh and our day is off to a great start.
Annie, I love you. You may not like to be called my baby, but for now and maybe for always you are my sweet, special baby!
Man,i love that little Annie, what a sweet girl and sassy too. Can't believe your baby is 3. good job Karrie
ReplyDeleteand i love that cake, and the crocodile maddness. pure awesomeness.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that our babies have grown so quickly. Time goes by too fast and I am sure that time will go by even faster the older the kids get.
ReplyDeleteCute little Pip!! She cracks me up everyday. Just so you know, I am so grateful for you! Love you and your kiddos!
ReplyDelete