This last weekend we went to St. John's for part of October break. While there, we headed up to Greer to do our second annual walk along the creek with Jeremy's parents. It was a great time: beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, trees turning colors, chilly creek, great company... As any good mother would do, I warned my kids over and over again to stay dry and stay out of the creek. And wouldn't you know it, by the end of the hike we had 4 wet feet coming from 4 different kids. "Deal with it, I told you to stay out of the creek," I told them. I tend to not be very sympathetic sometimes, wondering why on earth it's so hard to stay dry. With only minimal whining we made it through the rest of the hike and then the kids were back in the van with their wet shoes off and bundled up under their blankets.
(The whole crew, minus Drew who was behind the camera - Annie, Karrie, Jake, Abby, Jeremy, Hannah, Cyndi)
(Jake)
(Annie)
(Hannah and Abby)
Fast forward a few days to yesterday at McCormick Train Park in Scottsdale. We spent a lovely morning with the Ricedorff's and Goodman's playing at the playground, riding the train, riding the carousel and then finally chowing down on yummy ice cream, when wouldn't you know it, I turn around and bam - step right in the only puddle at the whole park. Every eye was on me and Joe even said, "really, Karrie, you didn't see that puddle?" Obviously not.
(The Crew in the train at McCormick Train Park - they all squeezed into the only enclosed car)
Rewind to every single time I sweep the floor (about once a month - haha) and the kids, without fail, step in my dirt pile. "Really, I told you to watch out for the dirt." I'm usually a little annoyed by their absent mindedness.
Fast forward to today when I was sweeping up the floor after Hannah's parmesan cheese fiasco last night (only one day later). What do I do? I step right smack dab in the middle of my dirt pile.
Thank goodness only Alex was there to see me do it. Boy oh boy, if the kids had seen it, what little credibility and respect I still hang on to would be history!
hahahahahahah!!!!
ReplyDeleteDid you know I laughed about that the whole way home? I love how nonchalantly you go on. The thing is I do it too. Do I admit it to my kids when they do it? Of course not!
Now I'm thinking back to the days my mom used to yell at me for stepping in it....hmmmmm!