Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful


I know we are in the full swing of Christmas, but as I laid in bed this morning I couldn 't help but think about how lucky I am. I have so much to be grateful for. My favorite Christmas song has become Josh Groban's "Thankful". He says "We get so caught up inside ourselves...There is so much to be thankful for" (amongst many other things).
I love my four beautiful kids. They keep me so on my toes, but they also surprise me with so much life and love. Sometimes it is a hug, or a smile, or how they laugh. Sometimes it is how they surprise me and play together so nicely, instead of fighting and teasing each other.
I have a very comfy bed to fall asleep in and to lay awake in most mornings so cozy that I can't for the life of me get the courage to get out of it (hence the five extra pounds I've been carrying around). I have a heater in my house (for crying out loud, it's been cold - at least 55 degrees for the high). My kids have jackets to wear to school, and food to come home to.
We just got the news the other day that Uncle Jim's cancer has been killed. Wow, what great news. We've been praying out little hearts out for him for months now. What a fantastic Christmas his family is going to have. They have all been so upbeat through this whole thing.
I have the gospel in my life, a loving husband who works his tail off everyday to support us, family, friends, and so much more.
So as Christmas nears, I realize how fortunate I am. I really do have so much to be thankful for

No comments:

Post a Comment