Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Christmas Card






Last week I was at Dyan's house and I saw a Christmas card that her friends from Pennsylvania sent their family. It was so simple, but funny and cute, that I decided to copy the idea, but of course making it relevant to our crazy, fun family...

Lessons Learned by the Platt Family in 2009

-Even the cutest, bobbed, perfectly highlighted, 3year old’s hair can turn to a mullet in a matter of seconds (we love Hannah)
-Unplanned teenage pregnancies can apply to dogs (9 pups)
-I can be wrong sometimes - Abby loved soccer and had so much fun even when I swore and bet everyone that she wouldn’t
-Jake’s competitive edge has not worn off with age
-Heavenly Father hears even the simplest of prayers
-A moth infestation can turn into a brand new kitchen! (our kitchen sewer drain cracked and was breeding drain moths, and also water damaged our cabinets)
-We can survive a family vacation with 4 kids in a car for 15 hours - we loved Bear Lake!
-It is amazing when you look how many ways you can serve others and how they serve you
-The neighborhood’s best tree house can take over a year to complete
-A two-year old’s family prayer can bring giggles from everyone in the family, even her parents who are trying to teach their kids reverence
-During a family illness, you realize how close you are to your siblings and what it means to really come together
-Boys and girls are made differently - Hannah commented as I changed my nephew‘s diaper, “Look Mom, he has a tail”
-When you think you’ve taught your kids nothing, they surprise you with something profound.
-With the radio up loud, we can sing any Taylor Swift song with the best of ‘em
-We are surrounded by good people






So there it is in a nutshell. I also included in each card a beautiful pic of our family. I am beginning to understand the meaning of "there is a time and a season for everything." Well, this apparently is not the time nor the season for the Platt's to be take a good pic., so I just printed the best ones that we had of all of us from the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment