Monday, August 5, 2013

The Goodman's Come to PV

Joe and Cassie and their girls came up to PV for the night on July 26th.  It was a fun day with them.  We went to the Prescott Town Square.  Walked around a bit, ate some delicious ice cream and went to check out the haunted Hassayampa Hotel.
 Here's Claire enjoying her ice cream.  It really was some of the best ice cream ever!

 Then we headed to Lynx Lake.  The kids played in the water.
The adults skipped rocks while Jeremy showed off his amazing skills.  He can literally skip a rock about 15 times sometimes.  It is cool to watch.  

But the rock skipping was quickly trumped by this little critter.  Jeremy spied a snake in the water.  It teased us forever while we followed it around.  Finally Joe was able to catch it.  It was hilarious watching him try to go after it.

We ended the night with a trip to a grave of a 2 year old, Angeline.  Apparently she was killed by Indians and left behind, or else just killed by malaria or something like that.  I like the Indian story better.  She supposedly haunts Prescott as she wanders around looking for her mom.  Another great ghost story to scare the crud out of Hannah.  I guess the words on her gravestone are lit at night, making for a scarier affect.  I didn't get to go, I stayed behind with the little kids.
Thanks Goodman's for coming up to see us.  You're welcome anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment