We are in the full swing of things here in PV. School is going well for the kids. We're over halfway through the first 9 weeks. The kids are doing well in school - keeping our fingers crossed for honor rolls for all of them. Annie is taking part in two different Mommy Schools. She's making new friends and looks forward to her days away. It is good that she finally had new friends. Jake, Abby and Hannah are making new friends at school as well.
Claire is growing well and big. She's got 2 teeth now and is rolling all over the place. She tries to scoot, but really, she just rolls to her side, bunches up and lunges forward for what she wants, which is usually paper, a shoe or Jeremy's watch.
Jeremy is ready for the Grand Canyon. The big tri-rim hike is next week. I'm sure he'll do great. He's been training hard - jogging a few times a week with major hills, then P90X'ing the other days. He's super duper busy at work now too, which is good and bad. Good job security, bad obviously because at times we don't see him much.
I just registered for an online History class. I'm worried about having to do so much textbook reading, and not getting a teacher's lecture, but I'm excited to learn a little more about US History - make my dad proud.
The girls are all still in gymnastics. Abby just got moved up to Advanced Hotshots, one step away from Pre-team and just two steps away from Team. Annie just got moved up to Girls Novice because her coach is impressed with how strong she is. Hannah is still in Girls 1 and can now climb to the top of the rope and can do the splits amazingly. They all work so hard and love it!
Soccer has also started. Our Saturday's are spent at the soccer field, and there's no place I'd rather be. I'm a very proud soccer mom! Jeremy is coaching Abby and Hannah together. They are the "Scorpions". Dangerous sounding, huh? It's Hannah's first time playing and she's having a great time, learning a lot and improving bunches each time we see her play. She's playing with girls much older than her, but she's trying and the number of cartwheels are lessening each week. Abby is a little more technical. She's a great defender and doesn't let many balls pass her. The more these girls play the better and more natural looking they get, as well as more aggressive. Jake is playing "Select" soccer with the Yavapai Roughriders (not to be confused with the Yavapai College Roughriders) . It is the competitive, traveling team. We've gone back to back weeks to Flagstaff to watch him play, and are looking forward to a home game finally next Saturday. He's still the ringer and it's fun to watch him score. He's learned how to do a front hand spring and he throws one in the mix each game after he scores a goal. Each game he plays some defense and some forward. I'm so proud of his choice to not play ball on Sunday. We're getting more and more pressure from the other parents from the team to have him play. As Jeremy and I allow ourselves to get muddled and justify him playing, he stays firm and says NO to playing on the Sabbath. He is truly a great example to his mom.
That's our life nowadays. We are going non-stop from the time the kids get home from school until bedtime.
I have no pictures to accompany this post, maybe I'll take some this week and do a "Week in the life of the Platt family" post or something like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment