This year we headed to St. Johns for the 4th as is our usual tradition. I did not take one single picture for which I will always be sad. We had a great day. It started off with a pancake breakfast at the park, then a patriotic program a little later, followed by the bbq lunch, snow cones, races, then the kids and Jeremy off to the pool for a swim. It was the best day, overcast all morning, cool. The program was wonderful. My favorite speaker was the daughter,wife and mother of military servicemen. She gave a beautiful talk on the difference between being a patriot and being patriotic. I think I'm the latter. The races were great. The kids all ran hard. Jake took home the only loot - winning first place in the 10 year old boys race, getting a gold dollar. After the pool, the clouds broke open and it rained all afternoon until right before fireworks. The fireworks were beautiful. We watched from the cemetary - kinda weird, but awesome.
We loved having Justin and Megan and their kids, and Devon to hang out with too. Claire was never put down. Between Michelle, Megan and Cyndi, she was always held.
I'm grateful to be an American to live in the land of the free. I love our blessed nation and I'm so thankful for our founding fathers. I know they were inspired. God Bless America.
No comments:
Post a Comment