Today started out the usual way - wake up, pray for patience, get the kids up, the morning battle over dressing, anticipation of the ultrasound... You get the picture. Then for whatever reason I had time and randomly decided to check my email, that never happens. There was an email from PANRE - Physician Assistant National Recertification Exam. Jeremy had taken his test the day we moved, Aug 6. He felt really good about it only to find out 5 days later he bombed it. We were devastated, knowing he would have to try again and had only one more try to pass or his certification would lapse. Well back to the email - I opened it and started reading. It turns out, they graded the exam wrong and had a massive amount of failures. They looked closer to find out it was graded wrong and Jeremy actually passed with flying colors! I screamed for Jeremy who was getting out of the shower. He thought someone broke a leg or something. "You passed your PANRE!" " No I didn't, I failed:(" "Yes you did, they screwed up, you passed!!!!!!!" Talk about relief. Our home was absolutely jubilant. Jumping, cheering, Karrie nearly crying, hugging. Joy, Joy, Joy!
We rode those emotions all day until the big ultrasound. I've gotta say, I was a little nervous to find out. All the kids had been praying for a boy, and I've spent the past few weeks preparing them for the idea of another little sister. I was a little shocked to hear it was a girl. Jeremy and I were happy, the girls were happy, but one little boy in the Platt home was not. Jake was crushed, heartbroken, completely saddened. He cried, he got mad, he withdrew. He sat in the car not talking to anyone for about an hour. But I hopefully he'll be as resilient as he's been each of the other times he heard he was getting another sister. Thankfully, Jeremy came to the rescue and took him to get new shin guards (badly needed), then whisked him off to soccer practice and to watch Yavapai play soccer. I guess that's the answer, distract him until little Claire (we think will be her name) is all grown up.
Yay Jeremy, Yay for Claire, Yay Karrie who gets to clean out half the baby clothes in our garage.
good day - you still in for cali, we are excited to meet you and see what the Platts are like at the beach, who knows you might be totally different :)
ReplyDelete