I am not quite a DIY (do it yourself) kind of a gal, I'm more of a JDIFM (Jeremy do it for me) girl. He's much handier than me. At my sorry attempts at sewing, he's fixed the machine and gotten me sewing straight again. Actually, he just pushes me out of the way and takes over. He's much more careful and deliberate than I am. And it shows in his work.
In my very first real DIY job, I re-covered my dining room chairs. They are not perfect, but they look lightyears better than the old fabric.
Here's the proof:
Sure it took all week and it looks less than professional, but it is better without a doubt. Also, I didn't realize how disgusting we've been living until I saw the new masterpiece sitting next to the old garbage. I picked brown to match the stains we made on the old fabric and even covered the chairs in plastic to protect from any major disasters.
My next project - the pillow I've been promising Hannah for 2 years -ever since I took sewing, then got my grandma's sewing machine and promptly broke it. Or maybe I'll give Mod Podge a shot - baby steps, I suppose.
they look great I want to redo my chairs too, maybe you can teach me now that you are a pro.
ReplyDelete