Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fashion 101 - by Hannah

You can imagine my excitement this morning when Hannah said, "Mommy, can you braid my hair?"
"Yes, of course. I'd love to!"
My kids never let me do their hair, so how am I supposed to get better at being a girl mom? I parted her hair and went to work french braiding her left side. It looked really good (for me). I went to the other side and she tells me she doesn't want it braided. She loved the one-side-braided look, even though the unbraided side kept flipping over to the braided side making it look so messy!
If that were the end of it, I'd be okay, but then she puts on these high heeled boots with her tights and then even worse, wraps the scrap of her new blanket around her like a scarf and has me tie it in the back kinda like a backpack.
And then we went out!
To stores.
Where there are people.
And then to pre-school.
I had to smile because she looked so incredible and was so proud of her look for the day.
You are cute, Hannah!



4 comments:

  1. I personally love the one sided braid. I think she's on to something. The rest of her outfit is so cute. That girl cracks me up! Anyway she wants it that's the way she's gonna get it.

    Have fun in the Grand Canyon! And please come out alive...I need you in my life. (You're gonna be amazing! Sore. But amazing!) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, love the fashion statement she's making. I need to learn how to French braid, but Olivia doesn't like me to do her hair very often either.

    Can't wait to hear (or read) about the canyon, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so going to do a post with pictures of you, Dyan and Jodi when you were making your own fashion statements some 20+ years ago...it might be in her genes :)

    ReplyDelete